- The Springbok starting team boasts a total of 500 Test caps (307 in the backline and 193 in the forwards)
- If he goes on Bismarck du Plessis will reach the milestone of 50 Tests for his country. He will be the 24th player and second hooker in history to achieve this feat. If he scores a try he will also extend his own record of seven Test tries as a hooker for South Africa. If he goes on and plays alongside his brother Jannie, they will extend their record of playing together to 27 Tests for the Springboks.
- Jean de Villiers will extend his record as the most-capped Springbok centre, with 73 Tests in this position
- Bryan Habana will extend his record as the most-capped Springbok wing, with 86 Tests in this position. He will also break his and Joost van der Westhuizen’s record of six career appearances against Argentina and if he scores a try, will extend his record of 51 Test tries for South Africa. Habana also just needs one try to equal the Rugby Championship record of Christian Cullen (New Zealand) who scored 16 tries in his Rugby Championship/Tri-Nations career
- Morné Steyn will extend his record as the most-capped Springbok flyhalf, with 45 Tests in this position. If he scores a try, Steyn will extend his record of seven Test tries as a flyhalf for South Africa
- If he goes on and scores a try, Gurthrö Steenkamp could extend his record of six tries as a prop for South Africa.
Springboks – 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Bjorn Basson, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jean de Villiers (c), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Gurthrö Steenkamp, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Flip van der Merwe, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Jano Vermaak, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein.