Tendai Mtawarira returns to the Sharks setup this weekend, in what was very good news for not only the franchise but the Springboks as well. The Experienced Mtawarira’s form has been up and down in 2013, but he remians a vital cog in the Sharks and Bok engine.
- Tendai Mtawarira starts at loosehead prop
- Piet Lindeque replaced the injured JP Pieterson at outside center
- Pieter-steph du Toit returns to the starting lineup in place of the injured Anton Bresler
- Bresler drops out of the match 22 altogether, with Jandre Marais providing lock cover
- Uncapped Sean Robinson moves up onto the bench in Lindeque’s place
- Ryan Konkowski remains sidelined despite being fit again (and picked for the Springbok squad)
- Bismarck du Plessis and Butch James trained this week but were not considered for this week’s match
Riaan Viljoen, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Piet Lindeque, 12. Meyer Bosman, 11. Lwazi Mvovo, 10. Pat Lambie, 9. Charl McLeod, 8. Keegan Daniel (Capt), 7. Willem Alberts, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Franco van der Merwe, 4. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Kyle Cooper, 1. Tendai Mtawarira.
Substitutes: 16. Monde Hadebe, 17. Wiehahn Herbst, 18. Jandre Marais, 19. Jean Deysel, 20. Tera Mtembu, 21. Tian Meyer, 22. Sean Robinson.