– Anae start in the no.1 jersey.
– Greg Holmes starts at tighthead prop.
– James Slipper gets a rest on the bench.
– Dom Shipperly starts inplace of injured Rod Davies.
– Flanker Beau Robinson starts from the bench.
“One area we pride ourselves on is our depth and Albert has made a strong impact with every opportunity he has received this year from the bench, Managing player workloads are something you must be conscious of if you are going to be successful over the duration of the competition and there are many different strategies you can implement around this in terms of your training program and game minutes.” Reds Director of Coaching Ewen McKenzie said.
“We’re always cognisant of this in the decisions we make each day and feel James Slipper will this week benefit from being used as an impact player from the bench. With more players coming back into the selection picture over the past month we’re in a good position where we can share the workload and responsibilities of the team. That gives Albert a chance he has been building towards for some time now while we also get a boost with Beau coming into the side for the first time this year.” He added.
“The margin between winning and losing is always tight and we’ve already seen this season that if you are even marginally below your best you will get beaten, There are a lot of reasons for us to be excited about Saturday’s game so we’re looking forward to the challenge of travelling to Perth to play the Force.” Concluded McKenzie.
The Reds travel to Perth to take on the Force on Saturday, KO 19:40 AUS (11:40 CAT, 10:40 BST)
1. Albert Anae,2. Saia Faingaa,3. Greg Holmes,4. Rob Simmons,5. James Horwill (c),6. Eddie Quirk,7. Liam Gill,8. Jake Schatz,9. Will Genia (vc),10. Quade Cooper,11. Digby Ioane,12. Ben Tapuai,13. Anthony Faingaa,14. Dom Shipperley,15. Jono Lance
Replacements: 16. James Hanson,17. James Slipper,18. Ed O’Donoghue,19. Jarrad Butler,20. Beau Robinson,21. Ben Lucas,22. Chris Feauai-Sautia