– Ndungane returns on the wing after recovering from an eye injury
– Van der Merwe starts at lock after recovering from a chest injury
– Jurgen Visser shifts to fullback to replace injured Zane Kirchner
– Paul Willemse drops to the bench as lock cover
– Frik Kirsten starts at tighthead prop
– Werner Kruger drops to the bench in a rotational change.
“We are happy with the squad rotation and with a couple of stalwarts still out injured, has given some of our youngsters good opportunities to play,We feel that we left some points on the road, but now have a good stretch back home where we play ourselves back into those important play-off positions,” Ludeke said.
“The rest did wonders to all and I am pleased with the way we prepared for this one. We will certainly need all the support we can get against a Cheetahs side that is playing with a lot of confidence and momentum. History counts for nothing in this one, so past performances will have no bearing on this clash. We will have to front up from the first minute of play to the last. The Cheetahs play for 80 minutes and we need to make sure we play our style and on our terms.” He added.
The Bulls host the Cheetahs in Pretoria on Saturday, KO 19:10 CAT (18:10 BST)
Jürgen Visser, Akona Ndungane, JJ Engelbrecht , Jan Serfontein , Lionel Mapoe, Morne Steyn, Jano Vermaak, Pierre Spies (c), Dewald Potgieter, Deon Stegmann, Juandre Kruger, Flip van der Merwe , Frik Kirsten, Chiliboy Ralepelle, Morne Mellet.
Replacements: Callie Visagie, Werner Kruger, Paul Willemse, Arno Botha, Rudy Paige, Louis Fouche , Ulrich Beyers.