– Pat McCabe returns from a neck injury at inside centre.
– Christian Lealiifano shifts back to fly half.
– Matt Toomua drops out of the squad all together.
– Hooker Siliva Siliva replaces Stephen Moore who rests on the bench.
– Fotu Auelua is promoted to the starting line up at no.8.
– Captain Ben Mowen shifts to the blind side flank.
– Peter Kimlin moves from the back row into lock.
– Jessie Mogg is still unavailable through injury.
Jake White told the media how it was good to have players like McCabe and Siliva back in action after long layouts with injury.
“With guys like Patty and Siliva starting tomorrow night it’s a credit to our medical staff and Athletic Performance department. Both those guys are in top condition after lengthy periods of rehab, The Kings have been able to score plenty of points this season and were right with the Hurricanes last week until the last 20 minutes of the game so there’s no doubt they’ll provide a big test for our team. This is a tough game for us, we need plenty of support from Brumbies fans .” White said.
The Brumbies host the Southern Kings on Friday, Canberra, KO 10:40 CAT (09:40 GMT)
1. Ben Alexander,2. Siliva Siliva,3. Dan Palmer,4. Peter Kimlin,5. Etienne Oosthuizen,6. Ben Mowen (c),7. George Smith,8. Fotu Auelua,9. Nic White,10. Christian Lealiifano,11. Joe Tomane,12. Pat McCabe,13. Tevita Kuridrani,14. Henry Speight,15. Robbie Coleman
Replacements : 16. Stephen Moore,17. Scott Sio,18. Sam Carter,19. Colby Faingaa,20. Ian Prior,21. Andrew Smith,22. Zack Holmes